A Raspberry Pi is an inexpensive, single-chip computer of credit card size, which has the capabilities of the processors that are used is in running the Linux and other operating systems. It is similar to the processors that are used in smart phones. Raspberry Pi functions as a regular desktop computer when it is connected to the keyboard or monitor. Raspberry is very cheap and most reliable to make a Raspberry Pi supercomputer.
A Raspberry Pi supercomputer is built by using 64-Raspberry Pi computers and Lego bricks. Raspberry Pi programming is done by using free computer programming software such as Python and Scratch. The super computer is also named as Iridis- Pi, which runs off a single 13 Amp mains socket and uses MPI (Message Passing Interface) Protocol to communicate between nodes in parallel computers using Ethernet. It consists of totally 64 processors with 16 GB SD cards for each Raspberry Pi, and the Python tools in visual studio are used for developing a code in Raspberry Pi.
A Beowulf cluster is a set of computers that are networked together for task processing problems by Onyx lab which is not much useful. Furthermore, the Beowulf cluster is developed by using RPI clusters with some unique features for controlling a simple hardware, which is most useful and is of low cost in designing. The RPI platform is one of the cheapest ways to make RPI clusters of 32 nodes of Raspberry Pi that are used for making a Raspberry Pi supercomputer and its task is easy for simulation purpose.
Steps to make a Raspberry Pi SuperComputer
1. Onyx cluster has been gaining excellent rating for many years, but it has gone down due to many reasons and this cluster was unavailable during the time of the project. However, this requirement was overcome by the RPI cluster, which can be used for developing the projects that make use of a message passing interface or Java for making cluster.
2. RPI provides unique features that can be interfaced with the external low level embedded systems such as I2C, UART and SPI. This is most helpful for the electrical students doing testing on embedded systems in large scale industries.
3. The cluster needs to be installed with the necessary tools, and the user must have access to get the works done by the administrator.
4. Raspberry Pi processors are held in a place together with the support of Legos bricks to create the parallel computer, and are programmed by using Python software. Every Single Raspberry Pi is connected by 100 MB Ethernet bit and is powered by graphic chips.
5. Finally, RPis are cheap. The RPi platform is one of the cheapest ways to create a cluster of 32 nodes. The cost of an RPi with an 8GB SD card is quite equal to the price of one PC-based node, which can be used to create a 32 node Raspberry Pi Supercomputer cluster.
List of Raspberry Pi Based Projects
Raspberry Pi is the brain behind multiple home security systems and it is responsible for collecting and displaying data. It can be used in educational tool for music, mathematics and geography. Raspberry Pi can be used to control and automate various systems around the home or office.
- Raspberry Pi Based Solar LED Street Light
- Programmable Sequential Switching by Using Raspberry pi
- Raspberry pi Powered Wearable Computer
- Synced Music and Christmas Lights
- Home Automation Using Raspberry pi
- Password based Load Control with Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry pi Based Industrial Automation Using Zigbee Communication
- Raspberry pi as an FM Transmitter
- Lego Raspberry pi Enclosure
- Access Control of Door and Home Security System by Raspberry Pi through Internet
- Autonomous Robot Arm Control Based on Raspberry pi with Bluetooth Control
- Patient Monitoring System using Raspberry Pi
- Implementing of Weather Station using Raspberry Pi
- Solar Data Logger using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Wi-Fi Internet Radio Player
- Raspberry Pi based Temperature Logging System on Web
- Fuel and RPM Indicator for Automobile Application using Raspberry Pi
- Tracking of GPS Position with Raspberry Pi
- Heating Controller using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Face Recognition Treasure Box
- WI-FI Internet Radio Player using Raspberry Pi
- Portable LCD Display using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi Monitoring and Controlling of Industrial Loads
- Time lapse Controller using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Voice Controlled Coffee Machine
- Traffic Light Control System using Raspberry Pi
- Voice Activated Light Control with Relay using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Wireless Multi-Channel Voice-Controlled Electrical Outlets
- Android Operated Robotic Vehicle using Raspberry Pi Controller
- Raspberry Pi Camera Robot
- Multiple Raspberry Pi based 3D Scanner
- Seven Segment LED Display of Notice Board using Raspberry Pi
- Automatic Packet Reporting System using Raspberry Pi
- Video Monitoring Wireless Transmission System using Raspberry Pi
- Design of the Intelligent Home Appliances Control System using Raspberry Pi
- High Sensitive IR based Unmanned Railway Gate Control using Raspberry Pi
- Remote Surveillance System using Raspberry Pi
- Wireless Bluetooth Controlled LPG Detecting Robot Underground and Mining using Raspberry pi
- Browser Dependent Device Control using Raspberry Pi
- Touch Screen based Security System based on Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Portable Room Alarm System
- Solar Tracking System using Raspberry Pi Controller
- Stepper Motors Controlling Using Raspberry Pi
- Wireless AC control With Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Garage Door Automation
- Auto Irrigation System with Humidity and Temperature Sensors using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry Pi based Home Theater System
- Raspberry Pi based Remote Control Robotic Vehicle
- GPS and GSM based Accident Information System Using Raspberry Pi
- Raspberry pi Spray Painting Gun
The above list of Raspberry Pi based Projects can be used in different categories such as artistic, educational, enclosure and utility and can be implemented with the help of researchers. We believe that by providing this information, we have been successful to provide you the best list from the lot, and therefore anticipate your comments, suggestions, queries and feedback on this particular article or about any further help regarding your projects in the comments section given below.